This program will help you develop a proactive response to issues of disability.
Workshop purpose and scope
- Workshop description:
- This workshop aims to deepen awareness around the scope and nature of disabilities, impairments and medical conditions and build skills in developing a proactive response that maintains an inclusive workplace and learning environment that is focussed on ability.
- Intended outcomes:
Through this course, you will:
- develop a better understanding of the 'social' and 'medical' models of disability
- explore how unconscious 'disability' bias and 'ability' privilege manifests
- understand the nature and range of disabilities, impairments and medical conditions and their impact on the work and study environment
- develop further skills that facilitate an inclusive campus culture for staff and students with a disability.