At UWA, we strive to foster a high-performance culture in everything we do through our values, behaviours and a focus on service that puts the customer at the centre of everything we do.
Our values guide our behaviours and actions.
- tell us who we are
- help us know right from wrong
- confirm whether we are on the right path and are fulfilling our goals
- create an unwavering and unchanging guide
At UWA, our core values consist of a commitment to:
- a culture of high performance and continuous improvement, designed to achieve international excellence
- academic freedom to encourage staff and students to engage in the open exchange of ideas and thought
- equity and merit as the fundamental principles for the achievement of the full potential of all staff and students
- fostering the values of openness, honesty, tolerance, trust and responsibility in social, moral and academic matters
- the achievement of Aboriginal peoples' rights, aspirations and potential, and the recognition of Indigenous knowledge, culture and values
- sustainability in environmental, economic and social dimensions