The University's key priorities are to recruit, develop and retain staff of the highest quality and to provide a working environment that enables staff to reach their personal and professional potential and to promote the University's mission and goals.
A comprehensive performance management framework supports the University's mission which includes, workshops and programs and regular professional development and performance appraisal reviews for all staff.
The framework includes specialist programs, workshops, staff reviews and grants and awards.
- Find out more about UWAs Development programs for staff, including leadership, mentoring and research.
- Workshops and sessions
- Develop skills in human resources, records and financial management, and health and wellbeing.
- Staff appraisals
- Gain an understanding of the University's staff appraisal process and what UWA expects of its staff.
- Staff development
- Opportunities for career development, including secondments.
- Grants and awards
- Financial support for professional development and working overseas.
Training and development across UWA
- Organisational Development hosts leadership and development programs, including workshops, role-based networks, consultancy services and professional development grants for staff.
- The Centre for Education Futures has programs, workshops, visiting speakers, and events to enhance teaching and learning practice.
- UWA Extension is available to University staff and the general community.
- The Education Centre provides leadership, expertise and support in all areas of medical education.
- Each faculty has a staff section on its website for local training and development information:
Back to top