Various policies and guidelines apply for the appointment of academic, professional and general, casual staff and contractors.
- Academic appointments
- Conditions of appointment, including review period.
- Probation and Confirmation (Academic Staff) Policy
- The probation period is to establish whether there is an appropriate match between the person, the job, and the work environment.
- Casual Employment Academic Staff Policy
- Outlines the basis of engagement and payment of casual academic employees.
- Guidelines governing the establishment of non-University funded positions
- These guidelines refer to all positions, other than research-only, funded by sources other than the University.
Professional and General staff
- Professional and general staff
- Conditions apply when appointing professional and general staff at UWA.
- Fast-Track Appointment of Professional and General Staff Policy
- An accountable and transparent process for managers and supervisors to fast track the appointment of eligible employees.
- Casual Employment Professional and General Staff Policy
- Special conditions apply to the appointment of casual staff.
- Guidelines for the engagement of contractors
- The legal and administrative arrangements relating to the engagement of individuals supplying their services to the University.
Salaries and status
- Starting Salaries
- University policy is to appoint new staff to the first step of the salary scale. However, exceptions may be recommended to and approved by the Dean.
- Changing the status of appointment
- When it may be necessary or desirable to change the status of an appointment from fixed-term to ongoing status.
The process map for appointments at UWA, which you can view as an image map, or in RTF: