Prior to their first day of employment at UWA, new staff members must provide the documents relevant to their situation to Human Resources.
For Australian citizens
- Australian Passport (certified copy of photograph page)
- Australian Citizenship Certificate or certificate of evidence of Australian citizenship plus another form of photo identification such as a drivers licence; or
- If none of the above are available and you were born in Australia before 20 August 1986 - Full Australian birth certificate plus another form of photo identification such as a drivers licence;
- If none of the above are available and you were born in Australia on or after 20 August 1986 - Full Australian birth certificate showing that at least one parent was an Australian citizen or permanent resident at the time of their birth plus another form of photo identification such as a drivers licence.
Present original of passport or send certified copy to Human Resources as proof of identification and give consent to HR Services to check your visa details through the Visa Entitlement Verification Online (VEVO); or
- Provide a certified copy of any visa approval paperwork received from the Department of Immigration and Citizenship.
- Please note: Primary Student Visa holders with an 8105 Work Limitation are required to provide evidence that they have commenced their course of study or training before they can commence work. Evidence can include a Confirmation of enrolment or a letter from their relevant education provider.