NUMBER OF PLACES
Workshop purpose and scope
- Intended audience:
- Any staff member or student who wishes to better understand the issues and needs of LGBTI staff and students, and is willing to consider becoming an ALLY.
- Workshop description:
- The workshop aims to raise participant awareness of the life experience, issues and needs of LGBTI staff and students with a particular focus on campus and work or study experiences. Participants who complete the workshop can elect to become part of the ALLY Network.
- Intended outcomes:
- By the end of the program, participants will be able to:
- develop a better understanding of LGBTI people, issues and cultures
- reflect upon your own behaviour, sensitivities and understanding in relation to LGBTI people
- explore the process of becoming an ALLY
- become familiar with practical issues concerning the Ally Network and how it works and the role of an ALLY
- Key activities:
- Group and individual exercises, video clips, role plays, panel of members from the LGBTI community.