Malcolm Fialho, Equity and Diversity
Held on request
This workshop aims to build capacity around working effectively with human diversity in the workplace and study environment.
Workshop purpose and scope
- Workshop description:
- The workshop has both a conceptual and practical component. The former outlines how diversity is positioned at UWA including the historical context and introduces the twin 'lenses' of unconscious bias and privilege. The latter provides participants with a toolkit of practical diversity enrichment resources and strategies.
- Intended outcomes:
- Through this course, you will:
- better understand how diversity is 'positioned' at UWA
- explore the two key concepts and processes of 'unconscious bias' and 'privilege'
- examine the key diversity factors (gender, sexual diversity, race and disability), how they interact and influence workplace 'culture'
- develop further skills that facilitate an inclusive campus culture